Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I am a teenager

I am a teenager.

I am angst, I complain, I have issues with my parents and curfews. I’m narrow minded, I’m insane, I lack some responsibility, and I’m childish. I get angry quickly, and the whole world seems to be out to get me. I like guys.. A LOT. I treat small things to the extreme, but completely forget about important things. Or if I do remember, I don’t really care. This world is all for me. Live while you can.

You can try to change me, you can try to tame me. But remember, I AM A TEENAGER.
YOU, were a teenager, we all have or will be teenagers at one point in our lives. Do you really want to take that away from us? That period of age where we all go fricking insane and ENJOY it. When life seems at it’s full potential, or a load of crap. When fast cars and your next date are the most important things in your life, instead of new toys or paying bills. The age of insanity and potential, would you take that life altering experience away from us, just to suit your wants? How else will we grow up without it? And why rush it? The longer we are teenagers, the more we will learn.

We are the teenagers. We are the future, good or bad, and all we want is to live in the moment. Because all we have for the future is bills, and work, and slavery to society. Let us be free for this small piece of time, let us enjoy life within reason, let us live under the sun and the moon and laugh as the world trudges by on weary feet. Let us be free until the time when we too must become like you and take on the responsibility of the world. Because Now is all we really have.

No comments: